Tuesday, March 16, 2010

St. Patty's Day Recipe From the Catering Divas of Branson, Mo.

It might be a little late for you to make these delicious cupcakes for St. Patrick's Day, but believe me when I say that they would be good any day. I took a batch to Waxy O'Shea's Irish Pub which is located on Branson Landing to help them ring in St. Patrick's Day and they were a HUGE success. Everyone who was lucky enough to receive one told me that they were the best cupcakes they had ever tasted, and I have to agree. The Guinness beer may seem a little unorthodox, but I thought the flavor of the cupcakes was terrific, and I don't like to drink Guinness. I love Bailey's Irish Cream, though, so I thought the icing was especially delicious. I do want to point out that I used more Bailey's than what was called for, and I only got 20 cupcakes out of the recipe instead of the 24-30 that the recipe says it makes.

If you would like to see more of the Catering Divas' recipes here is their website:
www.thecateringdivas.com

Irish Cupcakes with Bailey's Irish Cream Icing

Cupcakes:

1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup Guinness stout
3/4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder, sifted
1 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
2 eggs
1/2 cup sour cream, don't use low fat or non fat types

Icing:

1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons Bailey's Irish Cream
1 tablespoon milk
sprinkles of your choice....I like green ones for St. Patty's Day!

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°F Grease 24-30 cupcake cups, or fill with paper liners.

In a saucepan, heat the butter, Guinness, cocoa and brown sugar, whisking often, until the butter is melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Into a large mixing bowl, sift together salt, flour, white sugar and baking soda. Add the cooled Guinness mixture and beat on medium for 1 minute. Add eggs and sour cream and beat on medium for 2 minutes or until smooth.

Divide the batter evenly amongst the cupcake cups. Bake in preheated oven 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cake comes out clean. Cool in pan 20 minutes, then remove and transfer to a cooling rack until completely cooled.

Meanwhile, cream softened butter until very light and fluffy. Add salt, and slowly add sifted confectioners sugar. Add Bailey's and milk until spreadable consistency is achieved. Frost cupcakes with icing. Sprinkle cupcake decorations on cupcakes before icing sets.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Did you make me some? Sounds great! Be carefull taking them to Waxy's. They may end up putting in an order to buy from you and then you would have to make a whole bunch of them. Or...maybe you should make a bunch today and take them up there to sell! Extra cash is always good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I would have to send Waxy's over to the Catering Divas since it is really their recipe. We went and had the big Irish breakfast (Dad and I shared one) with Daniel and friends this morning and everyone was still talking about them. I have never made anything that got that kind of attention before. This recipe is definitely a keeper. Thanks Catering Divas!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails